Drive of the Rally ? - Page 4
RallyForums.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Default Re: Drive of the Rally ?

Those three drivers came here raise the bar now are lads now know where it is they have to rise to it I think them and all of us were caught on the hop

2. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

The performance advantage of the skodas over all the other s2000 cars should not be underestimated. They are visibly faster!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    For me the best of all weekend was the chap in the chopper doing the filming - some bit of steering.
    He could fairly steer that chopper all right,wonder what he'd be like in a car

5. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alankane View Post
    Those three drivers came here raise the bar now are lads now know where it is they have to rise to it I think them and all of us were caught on the hop
    Have to agree with this totally. I really enjoyed watching these skoda boys at the weekend, there speed and commitment was unreal.

I say fair play to Breen, first time out in a new car with a few problems, he was well on the pace and Im sure he felt the pressure of not wanting to bin it either, even though it was his so called 'home event'.

Great shame that Fisher went out too but as someone said before the wee fiesta and the pugs just didnt seem to have the legs of the skodas.

As for the drive of the rally, I think that boy in the black megane should get it, he seemed to be wrestling with the car to keep in a straight line most of the time but he kept the toe in! Think they need to work on there irish set up!

Great rally, well done to all involved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rallyretro View Post
    ‎Circuit of Ireland Rally Drive of the Rally ? I think Adrian Hetherington deserves it. Fifth overall in the National, and first two wheel drive car home by a long shot. All this, despite having three punctures ! And, on the last stage, over 25km long, he completed it just 3.1 seconds slower than the WRC Mini of McGarrity !!!
    He wasn't the first 2wd home, McCormack beat him by 2min 3.2sec. And remember that the DS3 is probably 100hp down and 200kg heavier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tartanic View Post
    He wasn't the first 2wd home, McCormack beat him by 2min 3.2sec. And remember that the DS3 is probably 100hp down and 200kg heavier.
    I think Fergus made it fairly clear he was talking about the National section of the event. We weren't checkin Marty's times and i'd be fairly sure Marty or Dave had no pass on our times!

9. Thanks from:

Stephen O'Hanlon (16-04-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tartanic View Post
    I wasn't ignoring McCormacks result, I was as Gary says referring to the National, and, rear wheel drive entries.

Anthony Concannon
    Thanks

Has to be Hannian. First time on Irish tar and to push Mikkleson into a mistake and take the win.

Awesome driving at 100% all weekend.

12. Thanks from:

GKnight (16-04-2012),Paddy Boyce (16-04-2012),Tartanic (16-04-2012),Tommy Hayes (16-04-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rallyretro View Post
    I wasn't ignoring McCormacks result, I was as Gary says referring to the National, and, rear wheel drive entries.
    Ah right, so what you meant to say was in their part of the rally, in their particular type of car they were the fastest.

I'm only winding lads so don't take offence, it's just a bit craic.