Rally Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

M3 going up for auction???

52K views 378 replies 105 participants last post by  rallyretro 
#1 ·
See rallycarsforsale.net

Anyone know if this is true or has someone got their facts mixed up?

Would be a shame to see this car leave Ireland.

#127 ·
#128 ·
Re: [UNTRUE]Cronin M3 going up for auction???

Hate to ask this, but is prodrives failure to speak up n this subject possibly a little bit of revenge for Denis not selling the car back to them, which he had every right not to do Le me clarify

#130 ·

Prodrive, in the present day, do not represent what they did years ago. Then they were revolutionary engineers that made winning cars!
Admittedly they have done the same since with Subaru and now hopefully with Mini... Let us ask the general public that may have been Prodrive engineers to voice their opinion!!

###########oops forgot rhe poss of

#135 ·

Prodrive, in the present day, do not represent what they did years ago. Then they were revolutionary engineers that made winning cars!
Admittedly they have done the same since with Subaru and now hopefully with Mini... Let us ask the general public that may have been Prodrive engineers to voice their opinion!!

###########oops forgot rhe poss of
Totally untrue and unfounded and your statement lacks any credibility and smacks of a little green eyed monster. As someone that deals with Prodrive on a professional basis and visits the factory I can tell you nothing has changed in Prodrive,they are highly professional to core and engineering wise they are way ahead of the competition as I also deal with them.

#136 ·

Guys one thing ye haven't divulged on here , when Bertie bought that car off Prodrive im sure he was sold it as GXI 9427 , im sure he wasnt told that he was buying the number plate . Like if your spending that kind of money back in the day you would ask the question ' is that the Ex - Bernard Beguin car ? ' , if Prodrive said no then would they be committing some kind of fraud ? would you even buy the dam thing ??? , would you go into a reputable garage and the guy tell you that the plates on that car worth 80,000 to a 100,000 are not matching the chassis no ? .... We actually sold that chassis to a guy in the Lebanon . Also does anybody remember that car rallying in the Lebanon ? Im sure if it was Bertie would have herd about it - two cars around Europe with GXI 9427 on it ??? what would that do for the reputation of Prodrive at the time .
Also i dont think the details are going to be put out there by the Cronins about the car , as someone else said there it is very easy to copy stuff nowadays , but the Cronins do have the paper work reg book etc for it , i think those shells were made by some guy in the North and thats why they were regristered there does anybody know the name ? Also there are a few guys that worked at Prodrive at the time of the Bmw's have said that the original GXI 9427 belongs to Denis Cronin ...

#137 ·

Guys one thing ye haven't divulged on here , when Bertie bought that car off Prodrive im sure he was sold it as GXI 9427 , im sure he wasnt told that he was buying the number plate . Like if your spending that kind of money back in the day you would ask the question ' is that the Ex - Bernard Beguin car ? ' , if Prodrive said no then would they be committing some kind of fraud ? would you even buy the dam thing ??? , would you go into a reputable garage and the guy tell you that the plates on that car worth 80,000 to a 100,000 are not matching the chassis no ? .... We actually sold that chassis to a guy in the Lebanon . Also does anybody remember that car rallying in the Lebanon ? Im sure if it was Bertie would have herd about it - two cars around Europe with GXI 9427 on it ??? what would that do for the reputation of Prodrive at the time .
Also i dont think the details are going to be put out there by the Cronins about the car , as someone else said there it is very easy to copy stuff nowadays , but the Cronins do have the paper work reg book etc for it , i think those shells were made by some guy in the North and thats why they were regristered there does anybody know the name ? Also there are a few guys that worked at Prodrive at the time of the Bmw's have said that the original GXI 9427 belongs to Denis Cronin ...

The problem is this story has been going on for sometime in europe and no one legally challanged the guy so he persisted. This should have been nipped in the bud at the beginning or even two months ago when he advertised it for sale but it wasn't and it was let run and build up a head of steam and create doubts about GXI. Any blind dog in the street who even does the smallest bit of re-search will soon discover Denis has the real car. And if they continue their research will discover the fake M3 is NOT a fake it is indeed a Prodrive car, but it is NOT GXI. Legally challange this guy and it will put an end to it once and for all.

#139 ·

The shells were not built by some guy in Northern Ireland as quoted by Tiger above. The cars carried northern Irish plates as they were not type approved and the way around this was to get northern Irish plates put on the car. It was the same for the Nissan 240RS-all those cars carried northern Irish plates.

#141 ·

The shells were not built by some guy in Northern Ireland as quoted by Tiger above. The cars carried northern Irish plates as they were not type approved and the way around this was to get northern Irish plates put on the car. It was the same for the Nissan 240RS-all those cars carried northern Irish plates.
Rory speaketh the truth.

#150 ·

Cronin car was built in 1988 and was use on track, not rally.
The plate GXI9427 is a BMW 316 from 1985.
The Matter number that you find on the bottom of entry door state that the car was built in 1988.
When the real car rally was sold oversea, they put back this fake registration number on this car.
Why they use a BMW 316 1985 Reg Number ? Easy as Prodrive bought Kit from BMW without any chassis number and papers, then they just pick up papers of crash cars and swap the papers on differents cars.
When you see Cronin car, open the door and search for Matter number plate, you will see it yourself if after all his big crash, he still keep the same shell.
Now if you are friend with Harry Potter, I will understand that a car built in 1988 actually rallied in 1987
Let s put the right questions and try to bring the right answers as I really think that the people here in this forum have a brain.
1 Cronin never demonstrate anythings and never show his papers.
Here the GXI9427 .
As everybody see, the papers for GXI9427 are a BMW 316 from 1985.
Everybody will agree that the car should have BMW M3 paper and if Cronin had a accident and hurt somebody, his insurance will not cover him because the realpapers don t belong to this car or put it simply, the papers are wrong as the car is not a 316 from 1985
Number 2, the car of Cronin was built in 1988 as the Matter Shell will confirm with his plate IF ONLY Cronin still have the original shell, as I understand, Cronin have crash the car badly many times and as the BMW is a monocoque, a lots of time, shell need to be replace. We are still waiting to see the plate Matter from Cronin car if he have one. If he have one, everybody will see that the car was built in 1988 and then demonstrate that Cronin have lie to all of us by claiming untrue history.
WHERE IS THE PHOTO of the plate, I ll garantee that Cronin will never show it but let see

The load of shite he is spewing over at boards!

#153 ·

Number 3
Today words means nothing compare to the facts from 1988. Nabil Karam bought a use rally car from previous season and receive it in the Rothmans colour who was the sponsor of the 1987 season, here papers from Customs in Lebanon
Number 4
We never claims that 025 had GXI9427, we just claim that the car was rallied in 1987 under this registration.
Here the invoice from Prodrive, as you see, they sold a rally car , not a recce car. Prodrive known better than everyone who was what .
And look the price who was very expensive. Did Nabil Karam is a idiot ?, I don t think so. This is real fact from 1988
Now, until real evidence from Cronin with photos, documentation, etc, this cae for me is close. People can claim what they want, to be credible, they need to bring evidence, not gossips.

And you will see, Cronin will never bring evidence because he have nothings except the Reg GXI9427 who belong to a BMW 316 from 1985. Let hope that he will never hurt somebody because in this case, ask your insurance company, the insurance contract will be invalide.
I m not going to repeat myself,
A CAR BUILT IN 1988 CANNOT HAVE BEEN RALLIED IN 1987.
It s so easy, ask Cronin a photo of the Matter plate to prove me wrong or stop your hallucinations please

He really is out to discredit Cronins car

#156 ·

As someone posted on Boards.ie,before it was removed,if Prodrive were looking to buy back the Original Car,I'm sure they were aware that this specimen:busted: was for sale.
The Fact that they didn't buy it should clear up any Confusion.;)

#161 ·
#164 ·

Its as simple as this cronin has said notting about this topic and has not claimed anything about his own car. He is keeping it and for that reason only its fair to say every one knows where the real car is!!!!!!:)
Yes and no.

I think anyone with half a brain knows where the original car is but at the same time, it would not be wise to sit back and let someone taint the provenance of what is, and will always be an historic and very valuable car. This needs legal action to protect an asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.