Rally Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

M3 going up for auction???

52K views 378 replies 105 participants last post by  rallyretro 
#1 ·
See rallycarsforsale.net

Anyone know if this is true or has someone got their facts mixed up?

Would be a shame to see this car leave Ireland.

#45 ·
Re: [UNTRUE]Cronin M3 going up for auction???

Came across an interesting observation made on another website
by someone who knows the Prodrive M3 works shell's intimately.

same picture shown above but with the joint of the rear cage diagonal
to main hoop circled..........

and then a picture of a genuine works prepared shell for comparison.........

#56 ·

Came across an interesting observation made on another website
by someone who knows the Prodrive M3 works shell's intimately.

same picture shown above but with the joint of the rear cage diagonal
to main hoop circled..........

and then a picture of a genuine works prepared shell for comparison.........

As said elsewhere it's not just the rear side bars, look at the rear bars, one less diagonal. Must've got it off Ebay.

#53 · (Edited)

The car fisher had and snijers before had the fuel filler next to the reg plate
is this the shell denis has or is that one still about
All proper Prodrive M3's had the fuel filler in the boot lid. Delage built cars and replicas usually don't although Fergal Allen has upgraded his over the years.... For what it's worth here's the back of Cronin's car from Clare 2003

#62 ·

Denis's car was fully restored from taillight to headlight in monaghan a few years back and I brought it back to cork for him and as did very little since its in great looking shape and the wrc car got a make over lately in the same place
Give the man a plug that done the job - i think he was working on it on and off for maybe two years , Is it JG Hughes in Monaghan ?, story goes when it was in his workshop it sat on axle stands but with cardboard between the stands and the body of the car :eek:: - fact !!!

#55 ·

http://www.coys.co.uk/auction.php?itemID=1324&auctionID=19

What I can't comprehend is that Coys are renowned Auctioneers of classic / historic automobiles & to have this piece of S H I T there yesterday amongst the £M or so of other desirable cars is simply baffling. The paintwork on the wheels was apalling. The fact that there was no reserve on such a rare car of which there are only 10 in existence frankly is very suspicious.

#64 ·

Some of you will remember me kicking up a big fuss about this heap of sh*t and the conman that is trying to defraud someone out of cash with false plates on it. He has form in this game and is well known within those in the know. I just wanted to bring his antics to a wider audience. Coys, as has been pointed out elsewhere, take no responsibility for his claims. They are there for their sales commission and its inclusion speaks volumes about their standards.

#73 ·

Some of you will remember me kicking up a big fuss about this heap of sh*t and the conman that is trying to defraud someone out of cash with false plates on it. He has form in this game and is well known within those in the know. I just wanted to bring his antics to a wider audience. Coys, as has been pointed out elsewhere, take no responsibility for his claims. They are there for their sales commission and its inclusion speaks volumes about their standards.
Well put James , Standards me hole , it really looked the part amongst the other classics on the stand the last day ... NOT !! Jesus the ex Russians M3 recce car that was smoke damaged in Prodrive last week would be a far better buy than that heap of S H I T Coys are trying to auction.

#69 ·

Maybe it was after 88 that change happened or I could be wrong but whatever that car came to Ireland it had the fuel filler in the boot. When Snijers used it on the Manx fuel filler wasn't in the boot. Were the initial cars not adapted touring cars? There could well have been plates swapped somewhere who knows?

Anyways to any person with a brain in their nut they can see the car above is a knock off and no eejit in the world will pay the money Coys are estimating it to fetch

#70 ·

Fairly appalling. Fair enough if he put up for sale as what it is, a dog rough M3. But trying to pass it off as the genuine article when everyone knows the true story..look at the steering wheel and gearknob even, straight out of a standard E30 or E36 by the looks of it..any pictures of the engine bay?

#71 ·

I think m3 touring cars had changes to their cages and difference to gusses plates inside car it's like a touring turn into a rally car and he looking for thick customor with thick wallet that doesn't know much about them and just wants one

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.