Rally Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

M3 going up for auction???

52K views 378 replies 105 participants last post by  rallyretro 
#1 ·
See rallycarsforsale.net

Anyone know if this is true or has someone got their facts mixed up?

Would be a shame to see this car leave Ireland.

#4 ·
Re: Cronin M3 going up for auction???

Just saw it now. The car will be missed much loved with huge History. Prodrive were looking/got 145k for an original Prodrive customer M3. Surely DR will re purchase the car huge sentimental value for him and Prodrive. First win at world level

#5 ·

Just saw this on the rallycarsforsale site. Gobsmacked to say the least. It really is hard to put a value on that car. I think BMW themselves will be very interested in this peice of motorsport history given that it was the one and only M3 to win a WRC round. That must be a hard decision for Denis to make...it really is a special car.

#9 ·

Just heard thru the channels that this is complete rubbish. Cronins are not selling the car. Appartently some chap on the continent has built a clone of GXI 9427 and is attempting to sell it as the genuine article. Coy's say that they have nothing to do with the car, they are mearly facillitating the auction. Some neck on this fella.

#10 ·

Just heard thru the channels that this is complete rubbish. Cronins are not selling the car. Appartently some chap on the continent has built a clone of GXI 9427 and is attempting to sell it as the genuine article. Coy's say that they have nothing to do with the car, they are mearly facillitating the auction. Some neck on this fella.

If they get onto the stolen Vehicles section in Scotland Yard they can get the fake one lifted even if it is in Belgium..

#14 ·

Cronins BMW is not for sale!!

Car as advertised on rallycarsforsale.net is not even a genuine representation of GXI 9427 as it was converted to Right Hand Drive for the late Bertie Fisher.

Some people going to bid for a bucket of £$%t methinks!!

#17 ·

Got some shock when I logged onto this forum while ago! Was going to ring Denis to see if he was feeling ok, cos things must be bad:laugh: Id say somehow that GXI9427 will be seeing out her days in ballylickey.Hopefully she will be let out for a canter every now and again though. Savage machine!

#21 ·

At the time I guess the value was only what she'd get as a competioin car, not as a piece of rallying history, sure M-sport sold R55 OTH,RS 50TH for the 50th Focus identity, there was even a special launch of the car before Deutschland rally with the car in gold rims and a gold grille and made a special poster to comemorate it all,and when we were building it they said that it would be for the museum also...

#30 ·

In fairness is cronins m3 not as rough as a badgers **** ? I know it has history etc but last time i seen it it wasnt a beauty queen, although i havent seen it since new colour scheme .

Id have to disagree there. That car always wanted for nothing. It was a working competition car up to a few years ago and had the signs of it yes, but it had a serious make over when the WRC car came on the scene. The last time I saw the car it was in very good condition. Regardless of the condition of the car it still is the original one and only GXI 9427 and jonspeed if it were sitting in your garage you'd be a proud boy now would'nt you.

#35 ·
Re: [UNTRUE]Cronin M3 going up for auction???

Was there at the Grandstand on the isle of man last year when snijers decided to perform doughnuts before he crossed the line of the last stage. only Inches from the wall on either side. what a legend! Was magic through Castletown too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.