Rally Forums banner

Enquiry re '63 Circuit of Ireland

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Old Stager 
#1 ·
Hi there
Fortunate to own the works prepared Mini Cooper ‘S’ that was rallied in the ‘60’s by privateer Peter Moon & Brian Culcheth. Thankfully both still alive & well so have been able to access quite a bit of historical information. However, Peter tells me that his first International – teamed up with Tony Hennin - was on the ’63 Circuit of Ireland but has no recollection of the result etc.

I have tried contacting the Ulster Auto Club – but no response – would any of you guys have any information – like participants list – results sheets – programmes etc that might assist my quest. Any information would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers Roy Parmenter - 01273833366

#3 ·
Re: Enquiry re '63 Curcuit of Ireland

Hi there
Fortunate to own the works prepared Mini Cooper ‘S’ that was rallied in the ‘60’s by privateer Peter Moon & Brian Culcheth. Thankfully both still alive & well so have been able to access quite a bit of historical information. However, Peter tells me that his first International – teamed up with Tony Hennin - was on the ’63 Circuit of Ireland but has no recollection of the result etc.
I have tried contacting the Ulster Auto Club – but no response – would any of you guys have any information – like participants list – results sheets – programmes etc that might assist my quest. Any information would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers Roy Parmenter - 01273833366
The Rally was sponsored by LOMBANK LTD.
Class winners were driving various Austins,Coopers in Class 2 1st C Molyneaux 2nd DD Boyd, 3rd J.S McClean, also Coopers in class 5 R.G Woodside was 2nd in a Morris Cooper,Cecil Vard 3rd in an Austin Cooper.
See Sammy Hamills book THE CIRCUIT OF IRELAND RALLY FIFTY YEARS ON,published by Tudor Publications in 1981,photos came from Esler Crawford.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.