Has any one any clue when us marshalls get our jacket [Archive] - RallyForums.com

PDA

View Full Version : Has any one any clue when us marshalls get our jacket

Kevin O Brien
21-11-2007, 17:56
all told we'd get them sunday evening but no sige of them...
or who has got there's....?

buzzlenny
21-11-2007, 19:12
from what i was told that they took our names and then they would be sent out to us.

sp1kez
21-11-2007, 20:19
Hi,

I was one of the marshal coordinators in the service park. Firstly I'd like to thank the marshals who helped out there. I cant speak for everywhere else but the ones who showed up to help in service did a mostly brilliant job. The hours put in by many were simply staggering. They shouldn't have had to do so much, but we were let down by many people who promised to help and never showed up. So a huge thank you is in order to the ones who did.

Now, I know that no-one marshaled purely to get a jacket, but as they were promised it is important that the organizers follow through on this.

The reason that they were not given out during the rally is that the original calculations on the number of marshals said that 2000 would be needed. By the time the rally actually rolled around that number had risen to 2800, but only 2000 jackets were knocking around for the organizers. The decision to give out no jackets until there was enough for everyone was made just before the rally. it was deemed better for no-one to get one and a consistent message be sent out, rather than for 800 not to get them and have to wait.

Everyone who signed on at the start of a stint has been entered into a database along with the numbers you supplied. Someone will be in touch to get postal details etc. I do not know exactly how long it will be until this happens, when I hear more I will post it here.

Thanks again to you all.

John Rowan
21-11-2007, 20:26
we masrshalled on saturday and they took our addresses at signing on. 3 o clock in the morning we had to be in irvinestown for.

FlyinFinnMotorsport
21-11-2007, 21:46
all told we'd get them sunday evening but no sige of them...
or who has got there's....? From what I heard you were asleep for most of it and wouldnt do your dutys as a marshal..Or so say your marshal buddys. A cap is all you shal get.

flatcrest500
21-11-2007, 21:49
fookin lucky for everyone else if he was asleep!!!!!

FlyinFinnMotorsport
21-11-2007, 21:54
fookin lucky for everyone else if he was asleep!!!!! yeah Safty wise it all went well at his location, cause the only danger was asleep. Cheers Kev we may get it back in 2009 thanks to you.:laugh::laugh::p

one winger
22-11-2007, 01:02
What do ya need a jacket for Kev?? Ya were well wrapped up in that blankie of yours when i seen ya ......:laugh::laugh::rolleyes:

DoGgBoX
22-11-2007, 01:20
From what I heard you were asleep for most of it and wouldnt do your dutys as a marshal..Or so say your marshal buddys. A cap is all you shal get.

sound like one of the people who signed on just for the jacket and didn't bother marshaling............:mad::mad::mad:

Brian Milne
22-11-2007, 10:24
sound like one of the people who signed on just for the jacket and didn't bother marshaling............:mad::mad::mad:
marshals i was at the corner were gronholm went off there was one masrhal there wereing a blue hat with spikes coming out of it was a total prick when gronholm hit the wall he didnt no what to do but 5 mins later he was all bussiness he put a cordon around marcus in case somebody would breath on him or say a word to him marcus himself was only to happy to talk to spectators and there was even some there that could talk finnish to him only for this prick of a marshal telling eveybody to stay quiet and keep away. saying that the rest of his colleauge had some common sense so the prick in the blue hat with the spikes coming out of it deserves no jacket just a tow up the hole he can be seen on footageof the crash on you tube you cant miss the gent

Kevin O Brien
22-11-2007, 15:25
sound like one of the people who signed on just for the jacket and didn't bother marshaling............:mad::mad:

i was out every morning at 7 tell two in the service park from wedensday on... and also was out the saturday be4 that for awhile...

and on that stage i went down road 4 the first run and slep for the second one your right and it was a lovely sleep to thank's........:p

so ya i think i did enough thank's for showing ye all cair so much...

Bryan Murphy
22-11-2007, 15:47
Firstly i didn't marshall and well done to all who did marshall and those who did a good job.But there was some marshalls who did not have a clue just look at Darren Gasses off,they stood there not moving all marshalls for any event like a round of the wrc need proper training instead of a free coat worth about 15 quid!!!!!!!!!!!

DoGgBoX
22-11-2007, 17:35
i was out every morning at 7 tell two in the service park from wedensday on... and also was out the saturday be4 that for awhile...

and on that stage i went down road 4 the first run and slep for the second one your right and it was a lovely sleep to thank's........:p

so ya i think i did enough thank's for showing ye all cair so much...

I bet you wouldn't have lifted a finger if there was no "free" jacket in the deal....:detective::busted:

FlyinFinnMotorsport
22-11-2007, 20:49

so ya i think i did enough thank's for showing ye all cair so much... Well I was at service the sat b4 hand all day and didnt see ya. And you heard about the marshal dinner on wed so you arrrived for that and didnt see you thurs.

DoGgBoX
22-11-2007, 21:30
Well I was at service the sat b4 hand all day and didnt see ya. And you heard about the marshal dinner on wed so you arrrived for that and didnt see you thurs.

Great stuff proof he's only in it for something "FREE" was jackets till now but dinners aswell..... :busted::deadsmiley::flush:

evo
22-11-2007, 22:00
well we were at the corner where at least 32 cars went of even solburg went of (raging like) and not one marshel was hardly there and there was a pile of ones standing at the very corner and wasn't a marshel 2 be seen...

InterCom
22-11-2007, 22:17
that will happen alright.but it not a marshals duty to push cars out of ditches.they can only choose to.specator saftey and saftey of following cars would the main thing.Its up to each crew to look after the car.But not many marshals would stand back and look id be the first to help cars out.good fun id say where you saw that.

angleboxman
22-11-2007, 22:35
Slim hope of any more jackets - the government funded Northern Ireland Events Company (involved with Rally Ireland) were grabbing the headlines tonight - 655,000 overspent and in debt to the tune of 1.2M - assembly taking steps to wind it up

InterCom
22-11-2007, 22:45
Slim hope of any more jackets - the government funded Northern Ireland Events Company (involved with Rally Ireland) were grabbing the headlines tonight - 655,000 overspent and in debt to the tune of 1.2M - assembly taking steps to wind it upwouldnt mind seeing these headlines.any link or where can one read this.cheers

teamgibbons
22-11-2007, 22:46
Slim hope of any more jackets - the government funded Northern Ireland Events Company (involved with Rally Ireland) were grabbing the headlines tonight - 655,000 overspent and in debt to the tune of 1.2M - assembly taking steps to wind it up

**** them. What did the PSNI make in speed fines i wonder. Should be glad that they got the event at all.

quattrocrystal
23-11-2007, 14:19
wouldnt mind seeing these headlines.any link or where can one read this.cheers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7108250.stm

Snakeoil
23-11-2007, 15:36
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7108250.stm

Whats that got to do whether marshalls get jackets or not :confused::confused:

leitrimabu
23-11-2007, 15:52
It means that the NI assembly may not be willing to pay for jackets and more importantly where will money come from for 2009? Statement says honour existing commitments. Sean O'C said 3000 volunteers needed then why not have 3000 jackets?
http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=86121

Snakeoil
23-11-2007, 16:04
It means that the NI assembly may not be willing to pay for jackets and more importantly where will money come from for 2009? Statement says honour existing commitments. Sean O'C said 3000 volunteers needed then why not have 3000 jackets?
http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=86121

Maybe im slow , but where did it say that this crowd were supplying the jackets ?? Not that i care that much if i get one or not ,was happy to help out jacket or no jacket .

Noel157
23-11-2007, 16:09

No, it means Anglebox is incorrect (for want of a polite term). NI Events had nothing to do with RI . The body that helped fund RI was Sport Northern Ireland. Two totally separate bodies.

akhughes
23-11-2007, 17:46
Northern Ireland Events definately had some involvement in RI.... BBC newline was showing plenty of stormont rally footage the other night when they where covering this story.

I also remember Hain making a statement earlier in the year about NIE where involved in it. Maybe it was just the stormont part though??

In any case, i can't see how its directly related to jackets.

DoGgBoX
23-11-2007, 19:27
this is getting very deep and all haallo wanted was his "free" stuff for voluntering for marshaling....

leitrimabu
24-11-2007, 08:39
"has a long history of running world-class motor sports events and together with the Republic of Ireland has successfully won a round of the World Rally Championship in 2007."
Quote from TRACK RECORD, Northern Ireland Events Company
From where can that sort of money be replaced and wait until the public hear, in the south, that badly needed taxpayers money was diverted to paying Gardai to keep hooligans from throwing diesel and oil on stage for "sport". And did the Gardai not issue any speed tickets? Did not see any PSNI member throwing their bike on the road as in Drumshanbo

Noel157
24-11-2007, 12:07
http://www.sportni.net/rally_ireland_07.htm

I know we're way off track here but I guess it's possible NI Events had something to do initially but it was Sport NI that wrote the sponsorship cheques (taxpayer's money) along with Failte Ireland, has their names on the programmes and had their respective chairman / TD write an introduction.
But my initial pont was that linking a public body that has accounting problems with the funding of RI was wrong and I still think that's the case.
I'm sure the RI organisers will still provide the jackets as agreed.

enniskillen comms
24-11-2007, 14:14
i think i saw on bbc news an apology as they had to retract what they had said about ni events being involved with stormont stage