Rally Ireland Leg 2 [Archive] - RallyForums.com

PDA

View Full Version : Rally Ireland Leg 2

rallyfan
17-11-2007, 10:05
Nesbitt out it seems, dare i say mechanical? cause of it is theres no suprise there:mad:

stohl drops 6 mins, mcnulty reported having problems through ss12, gareth mchale 8th and catching wilson it would seem.

adareflair
17-11-2007, 10:08
McNulty out engine blown and apparenty Nessbit had an off on the first stage today.

ET53UNY
17-11-2007, 10:26
sordo off ss12 ???????????

adareflair
17-11-2007, 10:28
sordo off ss12 ???????????

Yea not far into the stage Wilks lost some time due to it.

rallyfan
17-11-2007, 10:28
sordo classified 2nd ss12 on results anyways, gareth mchale going well, closing in on wilson and setting quick times.

rallyfan
17-11-2007, 10:29
oh i see now he lost time, still running 2nd tho

adareflair
17-11-2007, 10:34
Sorry yea I was thinking of Stohl.

rallyfan
17-11-2007, 10:51
i think mark higgins may be missing.

adareflair
17-11-2007, 10:52
i think mark higgins may be missing.

He is still going but his times aren't showing still leading PWRC

downingsboy
17-11-2007, 11:05
really impressive times from the boys in the pwrc, i thought they would struggle here with the stages but its the opposite....

sniffmydiff*
17-11-2007, 11:19
Brian o mahony seems to be goin very well!

Ted Creedon
17-11-2007, 11:46
Gareth M(a)cHale doing Ireland proud as usual :D:D:D

Agreed.

Has managed to overcome the slow start and the spins and is now motoring.

Damien Fullen
17-11-2007, 12:06
decided to come for a bit after sloughan glen, its a long wait til the 2nd loop so no point sitting in a car til then, then im off at around 1 o clock to catch them at ballinamallard......was very slippy this morning again and one particular corner was like a gravel stage after 3 cars went thru....and there wer some sideways action....

shame about meeke gronholm nesbitt and mcnulty......

have to say was impressed with gareth machale this morning he looked very commited and was in my opinion the fastest thru wer i was.....hope he catches wilson....

very little irish boys left which is a shame....

is there a driver which has not been caught out yet? must be the most difficult rally all season.

patrickis
17-11-2007, 12:24
Pics from Sloughan Glen

Seen Nesbitt and Breen hitting the same bridge - Breen demolished one side of it.

Also was there when Shaw put her on her side but got going again in his Evo9

Enjoy the phone pics

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/patrickwas/17112007801.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/patrickwas/17112007798.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/patrickwas/17112007796.jpg

downingsboy
17-11-2007, 12:29
is owen murphy in his 206 r an evo?? seems 2 b going very well if its the 206 as it says on the entry list- beating brian o mahoney in the clio....

downingsboy
17-11-2007, 12:33
any idea what happened toni kelly, did'nt c her after stage 7 yesterday...

miked
17-11-2007, 12:33
Owen is in his fiesta

downingsboy
17-11-2007, 12:35
Owen is in his fiesta

he's setting some good times...

patrickis
17-11-2007, 12:38
he was going hard on Sloughan Glen compared to alot of guys in much better machinary

eoghain1
17-11-2007, 12:41
from rallynews.net:

Young Toni Kelly is running in Super Rally having broken a TCA in the suspension of her Honda yesterday.

patrickis
17-11-2007, 12:46
she didnt appear on Sloughan Glen as far as i can remember

downingsboy
17-11-2007, 12:56
cathcart going well 2, i wonder will he make it on sunday......

rossgamble1987
17-11-2007, 13:04
We were on SS1 this morning, On a realy realy fast bumpy section followed by a Square right, few over shoots and Lobe, Gronholm,Sordo ect were unreal to watch great day pity about the weather,

Friday was the best day the sage we were on, on the way out was like a forest stage lol, Blue Tranny full O the rack!

Brain Om picked up his pace a bit more today than he was goin yesturday!

Higgins and Mcsae really good to watcfh 10/10 all the time even had time to flash lights and wave to IOM supporters,

Slio will be rocking Tongiht n Tomorrow!

downingsboy
17-11-2007, 13:10
We were on SS1 this morning, On a realy realy fast bumpy section followed by a Square right, few over shoots and Lobe, Gronholm,Sordo ect were unreal to watch great day pity about the weather,

Friday was the best day the sage we were on, on the way out was like a forest stage lol, Blue Tranny full O the rack!

Brain Om picked up his pace a bit more today than he was goin yesturday!

Higgins and Mcsae really good to watcfh 10/10 all the time even had time to flash lights and wave to IOM supporters,

Slio will be rocking Tongiht n Tomorrow!

what car was gronholm driving 2day????

patrickis
17-11-2007, 13:32
what car was gronholm driving 2day????

:confused::confused::laugh:

jonspeed
17-11-2007, 13:49
Just in went to SLOUHAN 1 this morning watched most cars through , couldnt be ****d with 4 hour wait until next stage / or drive to sligo so came home and will stay home . Is it just me or is anyone else feel after all the hype the whole rally was a bit of a let down ?? Seen 5 stages in all and wasnt blown away by the driving on display at any location . I know they have backed off now but even on first argina stage yesterday even the top men looked very average. Just my 2 cents worth .

Gary Nolan
17-11-2007, 13:51
Owen is putting a bad year behind him, and showing exactly why he won the BC award last year, just cause he's driving an Evo 9 doesn't mean the car is of the same level as that of the other 9's about. The times he's setting in the Fiesta are sensational, one of the drives of the rally so far. Also top marks to Gareth MacHale, only for loosing time yesterday morning would be on Wilks tale for 6th. Keep it up Gareth, setting top 6 times is a fair achievement.

Ctdprep
17-11-2007, 13:53
anyone got pics of Roy White's MG ??? mad to see it..

flatcrest500
17-11-2007, 14:05
a lot of crooked cars bout der!!!!

Noel157
17-11-2007, 14:57
anyone got pics of Roy White's MG ??? mad to see it..

Only got a drive through picture:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/noel157//Rally-Ireland-Leg-1-Whte-MG015.jpg

mgmetro6r4
17-11-2007, 16:19
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/mgmetro6r4-2.JPGhttp://server3.uploadit.org/files/mgmetro6r4-1.JPGGive them time to load

nightracer001
17-11-2007, 16:38
Gutted for Mark Higgins - brave, brave effort.

Noel157
17-11-2007, 16:49
Shame Miggins rolling out. That leaves Toshi champion. Can't see Pozzo overhauling Araujo and McShea.

mgmetro6r4
17-11-2007, 16:51
mcshea is on some pace for not doing a rally in ages

angleboxman
17-11-2007, 17:03
In my honest opinion apart from Latvala, Loeb, O'Mahoneys Clio, and the little C2R2's the rally was a total bore to watch. I felt I should go as it was a WRC event.

rossgamble1987
17-11-2007, 18:06
The pace is still go just a pity most of the big runners were out so early!

I hear allot of people saying that the stages were in bad shap and it may affect the chances of it been run again but.. Just think of Corsica and such event where there is bolders ruts and live animal free on the stages,

Rally Ireland A Success? ......... Does A Bear **** In The Woods!!!!!

Henry C
17-11-2007, 18:10
Just in went to SLOUHAN 1 this morning watched most cars through , couldnt be ****d with 4 hour wait until next stage / or drive to sligo so came home and will stay home . Is it just me or is anyone else feel after all the hype the whole rally was a bit of a let down ?? Seen 5 stages in all and wasnt blown away by the driving on display at any location . I know they have backed off now but even on first argina stage yesterday even the top men looked very average. Just my 2 cents worth .

Could'nt agree more mate...I was part of the timekeeping crews and I was so disapointed with the whole organisation of the event. I have been part of better run club events.

Rally Ireland in two years? Dont bet yer bonus on it.

Damien Fullen
17-11-2007, 18:24
went to ballinamallard, finally found a good spectating area......for me machale came blazing thru.....really impressed wit him today, and u can quote me saying on friday that i was puzzled as to why g machale was ****e on friday nite...but hes looking good now....this tv appearance must have given him some boost..

also i still reckon atkinson is one of the quickest committed men in wrc....for a man thats had so many accidents gets back on his bike and shows no fear....he was for me fastest thru my area......

slowest for me which i expected was loeb, he backed off completly becoz it was a big muddy cut inside but i couldnt believe when i saw he was quickest on that stage.....what a driver, hat off to him, wouldnt be a fan of him coz i like to see gronholm and solberg do well but il admit loeb is the best driver around....he can go as slow as he wants and still win stages, amazed.

was a great group n battle but has lost its meaning now as higgins is out but mcshea, pozzo and araujo are quality to watch, they r gettin everything outta thier cars......an cathcart is sure opening peoples eyes and minds at his ability. great drive by him...

to the guy before who said about the hype etc....
i too feel that way, still quality driving but ive been at 5 stages and really only enjoyed 1 stage an that was my last one there in ballinamallard....i think it helps if ur in a good spectating point
also the loss of nearly all the top irish seeds takes away alot of peoples interest in the event......we all wer lookin forward to the battle to see were meeke,donnelly,nesbitt,mcnulty,boland etc.. wer gonna fit in with the wrc regs....but no one really anticipated so many mistakes and problems....
i think if all those guys wer still running itwud be one hell of an event....i feel sorry for the likes of donnelly and meeke coz theve been thinkin about these 3 days for over a year, really all season theve been practicing for it.....but rallying can be hard without luck and neither have been given any....but
still a good event an i will continue to go tomarrow becoz its never over til the leading car is parked safely in parc ferme
also this year we have been spoiled with the level of competition over here with the likes of leob sordo gronholm and hirv coming over....u expect this level all the time ....if it doesnt match naturally u will be disapointed so thats why u may think the quality of driving isnt the best...but it is....had they not been over this year an u seen them this wkend u would be blown away.

rallymax
17-11-2007, 18:58
met some decent marshalls but come across a few c~*ck knockers on sloughan glen who had just swallowed a very large rule book and proceceed to relay it to us. ABSOLUTE NO COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

es270nuf
17-11-2007, 19:02
could have done wiv the national boys for a bit of entertainment

scoobycollection
17-11-2007, 19:10
Stage 12 today, what can I say! The square right that Sordo, McHale, Murphy, Errani, Kuzaj and countless others all went off at. As quick as the spectators could get cars back onto the road another crashed into the field. At one point 6 cars in a row all went off at this now infamous turn.
Nowhere but Ireland could provide that sort of entertainment!!!!!
Was anyone else there today?

Steve
17-11-2007, 19:39
Stage 12 today, what can I say! The square right that Sordo, McHale, Murphy, Errani, Kuzaj and countless others all went off at. As quick as the spectators could get cars back onto the road another crashed into the field. At one point 6 cars in a row all went off at this now infamous turn.

oh yes, what a corner!!!!!!!!! wasnt best pleased with sordo, he could very easily have seriously injured or killed sum1 with his brainless wreckless attitude :mad: mad craic all the same!! :D someone counted 36 offs or moments that stage, gonna watch the video now and try counting!! :laugh:

Noel157
17-11-2007, 20:05
oh yes, what a corner!!!!!!!!! wasnt best pleased with sordo, he could very easily have seriously injured or killed sum1 with his brainless wreckless attitude :mad: mad craic all the same!! :D someone counted 36 offs or moments that stage, gonna watch the video now and try counting!! :laugh:

What did Sordo do?

Steve
17-11-2007, 20:16
he didnt seem to think the spectators who had helped him off the top of a gatepost deserved to be avoided when they had eventually got him out, he just tore on straight at them, they were lucky enough to land upside down in a hedge rather than be injured properly!

Martin1
17-11-2007, 21:24
Was at the same bend. Spent most of the time pushing cars out of the field:laugh:

I have a clip of the car that went up on the big rock. Very funny!

Paddy1winger
17-11-2007, 21:56
could have done wiv the national boys for a bit of entertainment

yes...... correct.....

x-works
17-11-2007, 22:49
agree,
a rally doesn't feel right without the modified men.........

edwardh55
17-11-2007, 23:02
Interesting times from G.McHale, i'm normally not a fan like alot of people i heard complaining yesterday and today, but he is the highest Irish driver at the moment and setting some really impressive times, Seen him on tempo 1 and i was blown away by his speed, Only +11 off the stage winner, and +19, + 17 + 22 on others
Any one else immpressed? Aaron too he is still running after all..

tommi78
17-11-2007, 23:14
Interesting times from G.McHale, i'm normally not a fan like alot of people i heard complaining yesterday and today, but he is the highest Irish driver at the moment and setting some really impressive times, Seen him on tempo 1 and i was blown away by his speed, Only +11 off the stage winner, and +19, + 17 + 22 on others
Any one else immpressed? Aaron too he is still running after all..

Have to agree not really a fan of gareths either but is due credit for his performances so far actually wasnt a lot been siad about the man before the event being the top irish driver......Also fair play to aaron and killian lets hope they can move up the order tomorrow they are very well deserving of a good result.

scoobycollection
18-11-2007, 00:11
Was at the same bend. Spent most of the time pushing cars out of the field:laugh:

I have a clip of the car that went up on the big rock. Very funny!

Colm Murphy performing an excellent balancing act on top of a gatepost!!!And, what about the evo chasing the 2 spectators down the field!!!Or, George Tracy dropping the front of the focus into the hole where the gatepost came out of... The list goes on..A must visit corner for any fan and definitely worth standing in the rain for..

scoobycollection
18-11-2007, 00:20

I recorded it all as well,Very funny viewing.. Oh, how we enjoy everyone elses misfortune!!

fisher88
18-11-2007, 00:25
Lets face it no matter what rally you go to theres going to be a few problems so give the organisers some slack!! Been out spectating both days and from what ive seen of the event seems well organised and running pretty much to time! Was at some good points today, walked up the road away from junctions best rallying ive ever watched the shear speed and commitment of the top 8 is just unreal, there just at a different level as you would espect, their WRC experience really shining through! Fair play to top wrc and gpn irish boys there showing some hot pace aswell!

Bryan Murphy
18-11-2007, 01:48
[quote=fisher88;114128]Lets face it no matter what rally you go to theres going to be a few problems so give the organisers some slack!! Been out spectating both days and from what ive seen of the event seems well organised and running pretty much to time! Was at some good points today, walked up the road away from junctions best rallying ive ever watched the shear speed and commitment of the top 8 is just unreal, there just at a different level as you would espect, their WRC experience really shining through! Fair play to top wrc and gpn irish boys there showing some hot pace aswell![/quot

Well said.

Stages are scaring the **** out off the top lads!!!!

Steve
18-11-2007, 13:28
I recorded it all as well,Very funny viewing.. Oh, how we enjoy everyone elses misfortune!!

lol the throat was getting sore with all the shouting!! it didnt take them polish muppets long to move from behind the safety tape!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Joe Hunter
18-11-2007, 17:20
any idea what happened toni kelly, did'nt c her after stage 7 yesterday...

bad weekend. crashed on ss6 pulled the wheel off bent and broke the steering rack oushed the anti-roll bar up through the inner valance. Lot off damage. Thanks to the guys in SF engineering and their aluminium welder we got he bits put back together and we put her out for super rally on saturday. On the way to the first stage on Saturday the car wouldn't select gears seemed like the impact bent something in thr diff. That day was over. Got that sorted yesterday sent her out today and the hoor of a car started to overheat about 2 miles into the first stage this morning. Major damage done but it will live to fight another day!