Rally Forums banner

ERC Round 5 Circuit of Ireland Rally 2014

36K views 73 replies 41 participants last post by  Gareth McKay 
#1 ·
I have just seen on my Facebook page for Pattersons Pace Notes that the Circuit of Ireland is a round of the 2014 ERC championship is it correct if so I'm booking flights and accommodation very soon!!!

#5 ·
#10 · (Edited)
Re: Circuit of Ireland Rally 2014

Just say there was not much discussion here maybe it's lost in this section perhaps it should be with the ERC section,great to see it back only worry is has the ERC/iRC lost it's edge
anyway we should use it as a show case for our talent be done line up with the likes of Breen,barabble,Cronin,fisher,McKenna,McCormack,the Moffat brothers we might just scare off every one else do

#12 ·
Re: Circuit of Ireland Rally 2014

Is there any news on where it is based ?

Gavin, as far as im aware and going from press release, similar area as it was supposed to run this year. ie South Antrim, and Down.
Guessing they might use Hamiltons Foley etc... and some of the stages if not the same as were planned for the Easter stages.

#16 ·
Longest stage of the rally nearly 30kms. Great to see longer stages back again. Wots peoples views. Would ye like to see the longer stages back in irish (European aswel for this event) rallying again. Make stages a bigger/proper test for man and machine?? Personally I think it's a great idea. What's yer view of this?

#19 ·
Definatly a good move in my eyes,getting back towards the circuit stages of old,though a bit harder to run now i would imagine,hopefully a couple of night stages this year aswell.
I just hope the ****s that cause trouble on stages (being a nuisance,not listening to marshalls and so on) stay away this year

#26 ·
PEUGEOT SPORT RALLY-ACE CRAIG BREEN TO CONTEST CIRCUIT OF KERRY
Peugeot Sport rally-ace Craig Breen is set to contest the Fel’s Point Circuit of Kerry in the much-anticipated new Peugeot 208 T16, successor to the 207 S2000. Breen, FIA World Academy winner 2011 and SWRC 2012 champion, and co-driver Scott Martin are using the second round of the Dunlop Irish National Rally Championship as a high-speed test session, ahead of the European Rally Championship-counting Circuit of Ireland Rally, two weeks later.
Continue reading at: www.kerrymotorclub.com

#27 ·
from what I read the international entrants have a controlled 2 pass recce with specific window of opportunity for access - while the national entrants drive around and do 3 passes of each stage over a period of 2 days
seems reasonable that the professionals get 2 passes that they are used to - do you really need 20 hrs and 3 passes ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.