Forthcoming UTV transmissions [Archive] - RallyForums.com

PDA

View Full Version : Forthcoming UTV transmissions

bobbyw
11-04-2012, 20:13
Tonight, Wednesday 11th April 23.35 - IRC Circuit of Ireland Rally

Action from the opening day of the Circuit of Ireland Rally - commentary by Julian Porter, the Rally Guru

Tomorrow, Thursday 12th April 23.35 - IRC Circuit of Ireland Rally

Action from the first and second days of the Circuit of Ireland Rally - commentary by Julian Porter, the Rally Guru

Thursday 19th April - RPM Circuit of Ireland Rally - Day 1. Concentrating on the Irish entry of the rally

Thursday 26th April - RPM Circuit of Ireland Rally - Day 2. Concentrating on the Irish entry of the rally

padraic gilmore
11-04-2012, 22:40
thanks i will be watching it with one eye open... pity sky+ wont let me record UTV for watching it a resonable time..:sleep:

trevor watson
14-04-2012, 00:50
Who was that twit doing the commentry on the RPM IRC programme? He was absolutely useless & didn't even attempt to pronounce the Irish names correctly.:mad: Even if he was reading from a script he could have done better than that! He called it the Donegal COI instead of the Donnelly COI & continually called Donagh Kelly Dohan. It sounded very amateur & as it hadn't been edited properly, not the normal rpm style.

joe friel
14-04-2012, 00:54
Harsh comments , think if you check RPM is next week :rolleyes:

Tartanic
16-04-2012, 10:11
Who was that twit doing the commentry on the RPM IRC programme? He was absolutely useless & didn't even attempt to pronounce the Irish names correctly.:mad: Even if he was reading from a script he could have done better than that! He called it the Donegal COI instead of the Donnelly COI & continually called Donagh Kelly Dohan. It sounded very amateur & as it hadn't been edited properly, not the normal rpm style.

It wasn't an RPM show. It was the eurosport coverage shown on UTV for those without Sky.

For me it wouldn't matter how bad the commentary was as the helicopter tracking shots were stunning and made up for any other faults in the show.

rallyretro
16-04-2012, 13:54
For me it wouldn't matter how bad the commentary was as the helicopter tracking shots were stunning and made up for any other faults in the show.

I agree, helicopter shots were great, I was analysing every shot trying to figure out if I knew the sections since the Friday stages are in my area hehe. But am I right in saying some years ago there was a ban imposed on rallies that you couldn't have choppers crossing the stage or a certain distance while the stage is running? If so how come the camera chopper got pretty close during the stage, or is/was that only applicable in the South ?

Mr M
16-04-2012, 14:05
I agree, helicopter shots were great, I was analysing every shot trying to figure out if I knew the sections since the Friday stages are in my area hehe. But am I right in saying some years ago there was a ban imposed on rallies that you couldn't have choppers crossing the stage or a certain distance while the stage is running? If so how come the camera chopper got pretty close during the stage, or is/was that only applicable in the South ?

I think the ban was introduced after Kalle Grundels Circuit accident in the RS200, but don't know how or why it wasn't enforced

alan masterton
19-04-2012, 19:39
Just a reminder that RPM's coverage of the Circuit, concentrating on the Irish entries, kicks off tonight on UTV @ 11.05 pm, presented by Toni Kelly.
Tonight reports on Day 1, with next week's programme reporting on Day 2.

Tommy Hayes
20-04-2012, 22:14
I think the ban was introduced after Kalle Grundels Circuit accident in the RS200, but don't know how or why it wasn't enforced

A cousin of my dads used to work for rte sport and he mentioned that a helicopter crash during the Nissan classic bike race back in the early 90s and that put paid to that, not sure if the two are linked at all though mind.

alan masterton
26-04-2012, 12:04
Again, just a reminder that Part 2 of RPM's Circuit coverage is on tonight @ 11.05 on UTV.
It concentrates on Day 2 of the event.