Eugene Donnelly ? What car [Archive] - RallyForums.com

PDA

View Full Version : Eugene Donnelly ? What car

Mike Harrington
04-04-2012, 12:12
What car is Donnelly really takin to the circuit.i know it's listed as corolla but is he serious.what happened the mini

Eoin Sills
04-04-2012, 12:21
What car is Donnelly really takin to the circuit.i know it's listed as corolla but is he serious.what happened the mini

Mini was only a one off deal, money doesnt grow on trees and the Corolla in his hands is well capable of being up there on the COI. Plenty of Info on the COI thread if you read down through it

Simon Love
04-04-2012, 12:29
from Donnelly Motorsport FB page:
Pre-Circuit. Corolla Test. Eugene reports that "Its great to be back in a Corolla. The car feels brilliant to drive". "Maybe it does not have the exceptional handling or brakes of the MINI, but it is a pleasure to drive".
Keep posted for more updates.

Stephen Mullaney
06-04-2012, 15:27
who is sponsoring him? surely colm quinn mini are not sponsoring the corrolla!

jake
06-04-2012, 15:40
Be good to see the toyota at full tilt again, but would have been an interesting battle between derek and eugene in the minis

eamo
06-04-2012, 16:27
Going by the Fastnet last year he should settle into the car in no time at all. As for the championship how does it work out, is he in for the long haul or is it an event by event basis. Would love to see him out in the mini again. After Galway he seems to have the full measure of it and it would be a treat to see him up against McGarrity in equal machinery.

06-04-2012, 16:37
Be good to see the toyota at full tilt again, but would have been an interesting battle between derek and eugene in the minis

Don't think it would have been much of a battle, Donnelly is next level up.

trevor
06-04-2012, 19:17
Yes I agree,Donnelly would destroy McGarrity in equal machinery.

Michael O Connor
06-04-2012, 22:12
Just goes to show it isn't all about the age of your machinery (though I know both cars have had some modern upgrades).

Still, probably the 2 oldest WRC's out their are sitting out in front with Gass and Donnelly.

Some pedalling, from 2 great drivers ...

s11
08-04-2012, 21:42
Don't think it would have been much of a battle, Donnelly is next level up.

wat a pile rant over

09-04-2012, 00:59
Pile of sense and truth ?? ;)

Einne Naughton
09-04-2012, 01:06
wat a pile rant over

2nd in a 10+ year old car ? pretty impressive imo . beating a new mini wrc under the hands of a numerous circuit of ireland winner and a 07 focus !

haters gonna hate !

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

fatboymotorsport
09-04-2012, 03:58
He was beat by a kid in a 8 year old Subaru that has no updates and running on a shoestring.

you can bet that the Corolla has all the "intresting parts" that were on his own cars when times were good.

DMG first event in car and lot of trouble with it.

He didn't get the best development driver in the WRC to spend 2 days setting the car up either.

What is it with the place and Donnelly would make you want to puke at times :barf:

2nd in a 10+ year old car ? pretty impressive imo . beating a new mini wrc under the hands of a numerous circuit of ireland winner and a 07 focus !

haters gonna hate !

KOR
09-04-2012, 09:16
Jaysus - we're not going to have a load of pile been throw around all over again about who won a rally in what kind of car, and if it had this or that or not as the case may be etc etc etc
surely the sport should be just happy that we still have these guys out rallying in the calibre of cars they have, it can only be good for the sport and spectators in general.
Who cares who won - they all drove great rallies, fair play to Gass for the win and well done to Donnelly for hanging onto to his bumper !!
It's all about who went better on the day, for instance kenny ahead of DMG in an even older Subaru, fair play to him, another day DMG might wipe the floor with him - that's what you call sport !!!
I say well done to all and let's hope we see them all out again soon - in whatever car !!!

He was beat by a kid in a 8 year old Subaru that has no updates and running on a shoestring.

you can bet that the Corolla has all the "intresting parts" that were on his own cars when times were good.

He didn't get the best development driver in the WRC to spend 2 days setting the car up either.

What is it with the place and Donnelly would make you want to puke at times :barf:

09-04-2012, 11:18
As was said earlier haters gonna hate :)

abe1234
09-04-2012, 13:45

whats with the intresting parts bit trev??:(

rallyretro
09-04-2012, 13:52

I'd say what he means is that if, as I believe to be the case, Wever took over all the WRC parts when TTE folded, Donnelly/McGeehan who had a working relationship with Wever on the Corollas would have got all the ex TTE parts that people who previously bought Corolla WRCs from TTE may not have got ?

fatboymotorsport
09-04-2012, 21:25
Pretty much what Fergus said Matt,

All the fancy stuff that Weaver developed for them would be fitted on that car.

It would be alot more up to date than the S10 that was lying in Maguires shed for a few years

trevor
09-04-2012, 23:08
DMG always seems to have car trouble when he is getting a beating,the king of the excuses,he is alright skidding around Kirkistown and Bishopscourt beating clubmen,but when it comes to the real stuff and drivers with equal machinery he is miles of the pace.

bt52b
09-04-2012, 23:59
I'd say what he means is that if, as I believe to be the case, Wever took over all the WRC parts when TTE folded, Donnelly/McGeehan who had a working relationship with Wever on the Corollas would have got all the ex TTE parts that people who previously bought Corolla WRCs from TTE may not have got ?

How could you forget the BIG engine :D

Eoin Sills
10-04-2012, 00:18

pretty sure the engine thats in the Corolla used on the COI is nothing like the one he had in the old Corolla, and I wouldn't use big but well developed

eamo
10-04-2012, 00:36
DMG always seems to have car trouble when he is getting a beating,the king of the excuses,he is alright skidding around Kirkistown and Bishopscourt beating clubmen,but when it comes to the real stuff and drivers with equal machinery he is miles of the pace.

I wouldn't slate McGarrity just yet. It was the same problem with the S14 at the start of this year and probably with the various other cars he has had over the years. For one a spin around Bishopscourt is not sufficient practice to get up to speed for a closed road event and it is proven you need proper stage mileage to set a car up properly for Irish tar, be that an S12, S14 or a Mini. Would agree is not a match for Donnelly or even a few more men out there be they in WRCs or otherwise but he is no slouch either.

bt52b
10-04-2012, 02:05
pretty sure the engine thats in the Corolla used on the COI is nothing like the one he had in the old Corolla, and I wouldn't use big but well developed

Was only kidding. :)

Stephen Mullaney
11-04-2012, 10:25
why does dmg do this to himself. if he used the s14 he mite have had it set up right this time. but then he ends up in a mini with the same probs as the s14. he will prob change the car again for the lakes and have the same prob again......

Art McCarrick
11-04-2012, 10:53
why does dmg do this to himself. if he used the s14 he mite have had it set up right this time. but then he ends up in a mini with the same probs as the s14. he will prob change the car again for the lakes and have the same prob again......

Because he buys cars to sell them, not for us to enjoy them or him to win. That's why he was driving an Evo 10 last year! McGarrity hasn't been on the pace as regularly since his big Manx crash in 06 anyways

Stephen Mullaney
11-04-2012, 11:11
I understand that but seeing his cars that are for sale being beaten by 10 year old cars is not exactly going to help. Get the s14 going well then move onto the next one...

Pat McHugh
11-04-2012, 11:35
The mini is up for sale or rent

Pat McHugh
11-04-2012, 11:36
I understand that but seeing his cars that are for sale being beaten by 10 year old cars is not exactly going to help. Get the s14 going well then move onto the next one...

S14 is sold

Stephen Mullaney
11-04-2012, 12:13
Ah right that would explain that then. Who bought it

GKnight
11-04-2012, 12:14
Steve Simpson

Kevin O Driscoll
11-04-2012, 13:02

Thought there was two engines, one swapped for the other mid-stage:laugh: