Marty McCormack COI 2012 [Archive] - RallyForums.com

PDA

View Full Version : Marty McCormack COI 2012

touch of the clutch
02-04-2012, 18:05
Just in from Martys Website

McCormack Starts the 2012 Season

British Formula 2 and Junior Rally Champion aims for a pace setting result on this weekend’s Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland Rally

After a multiple championship winning year with Citroën in 2011 Marty McCormack is starting his 2012 season against some of the world’s finest cars and drivers on the third round of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge, the Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland. McCormack is enthusiastic about his first event and not daunted by the level of opposition “It has been a while since I have been out competitively which means I might be a little ‘rusty’ but my last rally was on tarmac in France against the World Championship regulars and we set the pace there so we should have a fighting chance against the IRC regulars” however McCormack added “We will have some of the best Europe has to offer here, particularly in the two wheel drive category, so it’s a cautious optimism!”

Whilst widely anticipated to head back into the British Rally Championship for an outright win with Citroën in 2012 McCormack has not opted a full BRC programme in 2012 McCormack explained,. “There has been a variety of offers on the table but I am keen to put together a programme which sees me compete at an international level. We have proven our pace in the WRC on tarmac so we now need to extend that to other surfaces and build experience on the variety of events and surfaces at that level. With sponsorship being particularly difficult to find we need to focus every penny of spend into the right events and the right results for our sponsors.”

The Circuit of Ireland stands as a counter in the fiercely competitive Inter Continental Rally Challenge series in 2012. Top competitors from one of the most competitive series in the world come to the challenging roads of Ireland to do battle over 200km of narrow and twisting tarmac. These fast and technical stages together with the changeable climate will produce tough conditions for crews but it is a scenario which McCormack relishes. “We have a tall order ahead of us with these series regulars having completed 2 rounds already as they will be very ‘match fit’ however we are back with Sainteloc and Citroën and the DS3 and all these we know well so we will be running a proven package. That should level the playing field.”

The car Marty will be using will be the Citroën DS3 R3T from French team SaintéLoc. Sebastien Chetail, team owner of SaintéLoc, said, ‘We are delighted to be running with Marty here, he has shown his pace in BRC and WRC and we want to see the same winning form here in IRC.’
The Circuit of Ireland rally runs from 6-7th April and will reach a worldwide television audience via Eurosport.

Up to the minute coverage will be available online at www.martymccormack.com with live updates coming via twitter throughout the event and pod casts from the stages.

http://www.martymccormack.com/images/mmc--final.jpg

Pat McHugh
03-04-2012, 02:33
Great to see Marty got a deal together he'll go well

end over end
03-04-2012, 15:58
Marty interviewed on irallylive.com about circuit
http://t.co/cTRF71GM

touch of the clutch
04-04-2012, 18:27
http://www.martymccormack.com/gallery/2012/4.jpg

Circuit of Ireland Test

Marty and David blow the dust off as they prepare for the Circuit of Ireland Rally 2012.

Marty McCormack and David Moynihan completed a comprehensive test today ahead of their upcoming assault on the Circuit of Ireland rally 2012. A flurry of activity over recent days have seen the Draperstown ace secure a last minute deal with french preparation outfit saint é loc to run a Citroen DS3 R3 on Mc Cormacks home round of the Inter Continental Rally Series.
Snow flurries and low temperatures greeted the team as they prepared to embark on the test session. McCormack and co driver David Moynihan were in positive mood ahead of the test, choosing to refine their established setup to the new tyre package which they are running for the weekend. "It has ben a while since I have been out so its just about getting rid of a few cobwebs and getting used to the car again. I know this particular test area well form previous years so I can use this time to re-learn the car as opposed to learning the roads"
Despite the changeable weather conditions the going was good for McCormack and the teams confidence was noticeably growing throughout the test, he commented that DS3 felt better than ever. He and co driver Moynihan completed a limited run of testing before leaving to take up an earlier invitation to attend a rally forum tonight as part of the pre-rally build up.
The Donnelly Group Circuit of Ireland Rally will start on Friday 6th April 2012 in Belfast. The first day will consist of five stages (78,04 timed km). On Saturday ten stages are programmed (142,26 timed km). The rally finishes at 19h00, local time. Coverage of the event will be streamed worldwide via Eurosport and in addition to the excellent TV coverage expected on Eurosport and pod casts from the stage that Rally Radio, Official Partner to the IRC Series, will be covering every stage of the event. Rally Radio can be heard through www.ircseries.com, at www.irallylive.com, and www.rallyradio.com, through iTunes Radio, on Apple TV, and through the free iRally App on iPhone, iPad and Android.

touch of the clutch
06-04-2012, 16:48
Martys web site will be regularly updated over the weekend. Watch the twitter for live updates as they happen and his first video blog is now online YouTube - Martys blog -Pre start

touch of the clutch
07-04-2012, 15:30
Unreal gearbox change in service25 mins to change the gearbox. Unreal stuff

touch of the clutch
07-04-2012, 20:59
Marty Wins the Colin McRae Flat out trophy http://youtu.be/4FmhaBevYhA