Pay to watch stages? [Archive] - RallyForums.com

PDA

View Full Version : Pay to watch stages?

In Reverse
26-11-2011, 00:01
This is all great to hear and from what i read everyone seems up for going to support the event..... the best way to support this rally is for spectators to actually pay towards the spectacle..... international events are/ and should not be free.... it would be one way for the series to return again...continued financial support....

The rally last year was free, only revenue was via programme sales which where very poor in 2011.... apparently 2010 was better.. so I think it only FAIR to the team that more dig in and buy the books and put a little into the event.....

Is this Cool< or is there people on here disagree????? interested to hear the thoughts

euw938v
26-11-2011, 20:10
If it means that the event can run each year I for sure would not mind forking up for a rally pass

cole2
27-11-2011, 15:45
If it means that the event can run each year I for sure would not mind forking up for a rally pass
Nor would I. As long as it doesnt get as bad as rally GB. That is just bloody rediculous.

mk1mexico
27-11-2011, 16:32
20 quid for a programme and no access into any road leading to a stage without one??

euw938v
27-11-2011, 20:58
Yes I agree Rally GB is turned in to a Joke with extortionate prices for rally passes

Pat McHugh
28-11-2011, 21:14
20 quid for a programme and no access into any road leading to a stage without one??

Impossible to do this.it's ok to do if stages are running through private land ie forestry lands, but firstly you run a rally with the goodwill of local people and land owners so to charge people to watch basically from these people's lands and them letting people in via their goodwill now I don't think that would go down
and there is no way you would be able to police this over a ten mile plus stage by possiable 4 stage locations a day

Plus up to where the rally has the road closed for the stage is a public road and all the general public has a right to be on that road rally or not

mk1mexico
28-11-2011, 23:44
Fair points, was only thinking out loud so to speak.

Pat McHugh
29-11-2011, 01:28
Ah No harm in that it's good to throw out ideas

jojo
29-11-2011, 14:40
[QUOTE=Pat McHugh;339655]Impossible to do this.it's ok to do if stages are running through private land ie forestry lands, but firstly you run a rally with the goodwill of local people and land owners so to charge people to watch basically from these people's lands and them letting people in via their goodwill now I don't think that would go down
and there is no way you would be able to police this over a ten mile plus stage by possiable 4 stage locations a day

Yes it is posible to do when your use'n public roads, its done on germany wrc.......

anto
29-11-2011, 15:06
Same with Czech rally barum

They expend the road closing order 500 metres before the stage and stick local volunteers on the access roads. Like scouts and stuff.

Pat McHugh
29-11-2011, 16:14
Yes perhaps Germany a deciplined nation,come on lads honestly do you think it will work here,the paddy I'd juking and diving and what's to stop you walking a farmers land to acess a stage if he allows you.

Also if there's money involved land owners will not be impressed if they are not getting a cut
Anto where or how do you think you'll rope in locals to police things voluntery and gave no heed or intrest in a thing that maybe upsetting the normal routine unless the scouts were getting some finiancal gain

If this idea was to work it work take time to implement as it would be a shock to the rally fan and alot of getting used off

anto
29-11-2011, 16:23
I dident say I want it in I was just giving an example how it is done across Europe, I have seen it work in Scotland, Wales, England (Sunseeker) Ypres ( Belgium) and Czech rallies.

I don't think it will be on Bobbys agenda tho.

Cess
29-11-2011, 20:30
Rallying is one of the few experiences left where we the fans, can have a good day out free of charge. If paying 20 for stage access meant keeping an international championship on these shores, I'd be happy to do so.

euw938v
29-11-2011, 20:55
Couldnt agree more Cess.