Rally Forums banner

Anybody got any interest in Sata Rallye Açores ?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Andy Little 
#1 ·
Oh my is this the start of the end of the IRC ? This time last year everybody couldn't wait for the next round of the IRC , this year there are events going on and nobody is even talking about them !!!;) ... Anyway the first day is finished and Juho Hänninen is leading , Wilks recons he is best positioned in seventh on the road for an attack on day two.... cant wait to see how that turns out :p

#11 ·
Lord, the Days when people thought the Sun shone from the back of the IRC... Amazing how things change... Was always a second teir championship and Juho Hanninen is showing the pace difference between WRC and IRC...

Meeke with Peugeot UK drew serious interest to that championship and Eurosport were raking it in when the boys won.. But i think its beginning to die off dramatically. Monte was the big draw and its lost that too.....

#12 ·
It seems as if the IRC's days are indeed numbered - which is a shame, as it offered something different for Manufacturers/Drivers - who didn't have to do every round. And most importantly; showed that Rallies didn't have to be the same; the Monte with the return of the night stages, Sanremo with a mega stage on the Friday night!! Sadly, the IRC round in Scotland has been poorly supported, and I wonder if this year is the last one.
Apart from the live TV for some events, the coverage is a bit hit & miss which doesn't help.
I think it should become a European only series, and replace the European Championship - which cuts down on costs.
One thing I will say though; if the people at the FiA/WRC/ISC had been doing their jobs properly - the IRC wouldn't have been needed - However, they weren't and the IRC was created, and offered people what they wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.