Rally Forums banner

Favourite Stages

3K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  realdriversdoitloose 
#1 ·
I figured this topic might be worth resurrecting! Your 5 favorite Irish stages and why.

In no particular order
Connor Pass - In a word, Unbeliveable! You'd need balls like a bengali tiger to be quickest over it. Cliff up one side of ya and the Atlantic out the other!

Ardgroom - Classic, brilliant stage, great location, fresh air drops....

Ladies Brea - I only live 3 miles from it, great stretch of road. Will never forget Finlay, Meagher and co. coming through it in the snow on the 94 Circuit

Atlantic Drive or Knockalla - On a good hot June day there cannot be better stages to spectate on anywhere than these two , Knockalla especially.

Molls Gap - Had the pleasure of spectating here a few years ago and the atmosphere was just amazing. And then ya hear Anti-lag poppin and look way down the road and see them coming at you for nearly half a mile.

Anyone know why Corkscrew Hill isn't run anymore, i heard it was something to do with cats eyes??? Sounds like manure to me. Pity because it's a class piece of road

See less See more
#5 ·
My two pence worth

1. Ring in West Cork. The start by the water is so beautiful. Stand on the Inchydoney Rd with a telescope and watch!
2. Ardgroom in West Cork. A mixture of everything and is the earliest memory of spectating, even though I was going to rallies since I was 2 months old!
3. Fanad Head in Donegal. Beyond discription
4. Healy Pass on the Lakes. Stand at the top, looking into Co Cork and watch the hairpins
5. Ardgroom. A drivers stage, with corner after corner.

Feel free to critique

#14 ·
Originally posted by RS1800
Think this topic was the old totalrallying.com but i figured it might be worth resurrecting! Your 5 favorite Irish stages and why
Ciara were you not reading at all i suppose you were going to say accupuncture in Finland or some other foreign stage

#18 ·
Ballaghbema is a savage stage and would definately be my favourite!! Especially the last 2-3 miles before the summit, absolutely no room for error!!!

Molls Gap is also a great stage but if all the roadworks continue on the stage it will be ruined. The section after the Gap is now like a motorway and I dread to think what the section immediatley before the Gap is going to be like for next years event.....

I have driven both Corkscrew Hill and Long Womans Grave in the Cooley Mountains in road cars and they are also great stages.

I also enyojed the stages on the Ulster last year, particularly Babylon Hill and Todds Leap.....

In the woods I just love Anner!!!!

#19 ·
in no order
molls gap the atmosphere at the gap
healy pass the hairpins view and unpredictable weather
briolin was run on the lakes years ago and the historic rally just a tiny little road with huge drops and to see the speed cars drove class
ardgroom on the lakes for the yumps
gortnagane the way it was run years ago it was always a car breaker the rally was never won until you got past that stage
curragh glass on the lakes too see james leckey fly over the hump back bridge the year he won

#20 ·
Brenagh
The Drive
Fanad Head
Malan Head(Donegal) ,
Tyrones Ditches @ nite on the Ulster,
Lough Mask , and Partry (MAYO),
Cooley Mt
Trillick on the Circuit a few yrs ago
Brogan stage used on Monaghan this year
Davagh Complex

All stages are good if you grt theough them :cheers::crazy::barf::yahoo:

#22 ·
Killarney Molls gap - what legends are made of.

West Cork Ring - Fast and flowing. Probably my favorite stage in the country

West Cork Ardfield - A bit more technical than Ring but still a classic

Cooley Mountains- Mid section is just cracking trying to convice yourself to hold it flat over some of those blind crests would have your heart in your mouth.

Sally's Gap- Have never been across it in a rally car and have only spectated way back. But even keeping it between the ditches in a road car is a challenge.

Pleeeease some run a rally up there so I can enter !!:help:

#25 ·
Without a doubt Carragh Lake for me. Fast and flowing.

Also Sally Gap - scary stuff coming down the mountain.

Knockalla (particularly the first few miles) and Atlantic Drive.

For some reason that I just can't put my finger on I also really like Davagh (i know I shouldn't but there you go!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.