what is best rally game for ps3?? - Page 2
Pacenotes Rally Magazine
Drift 2 Motorsport
AP Racing Engines
Motorsport Auctions
Brimac promotions
TrailerStuff
RallyForums.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Default Re: what is best rally game for ps3??

Was bitterly disappointed with the first two wrc games. Had them for the xbox. Really reluctant to go back to them unless the changes are dramatically improved on the first twos sloppy car handling and unrealistic car sounds. Not too mention the pace notes were horrible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe o' neill View Post
    Was bitterly disappointed with the first two wrc games. Had them for the xbox. Really reluctant to go back to them unless the changes are dramatically improved on the first twos sloppy car handling and unrealistic car sounds. Not too mention the pace notes were horrible.
    I was of the same opinion but WRC 3 is awesome. Best rally game I've played since Colin McRae rally 2. Well worth it. Co drivers timing for the notes can be changed and the steering is the most realistic I've played
    http://protune.ie/

4. Thanks from:

abe1234 (23-01-2013)

Thanks

Are the notes any more detailed. Last two hardly ever told u were to cut and not cut was dreadfull. And also are u allowed any further of the road found the last two if u wandered more than the width of the car of road car was reset used to really get on my wick. Found the first wrc so bad that an hour after buying it brand new threw it straight in the bin. Couldn bear to trade it in and put some other poor soul through the pain of it. Lol rant over

Thanks

A little PMT there Joe. lol

High Octane Sniffer rossgamble1987's Avatar
    Thanks

What did you build that seat with it looks a good job is it sturdy for mad sawing lol

Thanks

for as far as the xbox or ps3 goes wrc 3 is the best rallygame ever. once you play it a while with the wheel and get a car setup that suits you its the most enjoyable rally game you will play finland is class racing online is the best way to learn theres nothing like some man taking 30secs out of your time :P

Eugene McGrath
    Thanks

my own effort with surround sound ......
    There,s no point in pointing at it on the shelf,

the computer says we dont have one, ok

Thanks

I'm still yet to play through WRC 2012, so DiRT 3 remains top of my list for PS3 rally games. What I've played of WRC 2012 is far superior to the first two Milestone WRC games though, which were very poor in my opinion.

DiRT 3 isn't the most realistic rally game ever, but I like the physics and the audio is (pretty much) spot on. Plus the car selection is great as well. About all that lets it down is there isn't as many rally stages as I would like.

Still yet to get an official annoucement for it, but another Codemasters rally title is well on the way and they are still hinting that its going to be more stage-rally centric: fingers crossed its a good one!
    "If in doubt... flat out"!

Thanks

WRC 3 is fantastic... if you've never driven a car before... Or sat in one... Ever!!

The cars don't look right if not current WRC spec (the Evo looks like something out of Need for Speed), they don't handle right or drive anyway well, it's an absolute mess when played with a wheel. Pacenotes are a good second too late even when on the 'in great advance' setting.

The stages are a bit longer, yes, but contain large chunks of repeated map. It's sort of like having a whole country's WRC event at Bishopscourt, with 7 stages using different routes around different sections, often repeated, of exactly the same track, if that makes some kinda sense??

Dirt is brilliant in terms of driving, I just hate that the game contains the Hoonigan & Rallycross rubbish. If the stages were a little less arcadey and a lot longer, I don't think you could go past it as the best console based rally game ever!
    Last edited by kevm; 04-02-2013 at 16:03.