Bertie Fishers ToughMac+Russell Brooks Texaco R-E-D Sierra E28JWK - Page 5
Pacenotes Rally Magazine
Drift 2 Motorsport
AP Racing Engines
Brimac promotions
RallyForums.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Bertie Fishers ToughMac+Russell Brooks Texaco R-E-D Sierra E28JWK

It's great to see that some of the Group A Cosworths are being saved and restored to their former glory. See far too many getting broken up still.

2. Thanks from:

Karl Jones (02-04-2012),ryan-rallyvideos (02-04-2012)

3. Remove Advertisements
    RallyForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Scoltock View Post
    It's great to see that some of the Group A Cosworths are being saved and restored to their former glory. See far too many getting broken up still.

For sure Jon............

i forgot to mention so i will now that Graham also owns D773SVW which was Berties 3dr Sierra RS Cosworth Alumac car,thats going to R-E-D too.

D773 was a popular old Cosworth rally car,does anyone remember the other very well known driver who rallied it ??
    Armchair Tarmac Champion

Kevin Glendinning
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COZZFATHER View Post
    For sure Jon............

i forgot to mention so i will now that Graham also owns D773SVW which was Berties 3dr Sierra RS Cosworth Alumac car,thats going to R-E-D too.

D773 was a popular old Cosworth rally car,does anyone remember the other very well known driver who rallied it ??
    Gwyndaf Evans & James Cullen

6. Thanks from:

Karl Jones (02-04-2012)

Thanks

yep Kevin !!!!, now i know that you Irish lads would prefer the car to go back as a Alumac car and i have asked Graham if D773 is going to go back to pink Mr Tomkinson livery or what,when D773 was driven by Bertie it had the Ford Motorsport stripes up the sides and was a very smart look,if i had to choose it would go back as that and not the pink...sorry Gwyndaf+James !!

listen to these Cosworths go ! quick little video with D773 on the 88 Ulster,in the video you can see Phil Collins in D540UVW which was a pink Mr Tomkinson car too the pink one Gwyndaf had later in 89 was D773SVW.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9zx3vx-PnE"]Ulster Rallye 1988 - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Karl Jones; 02-04-2012 at 01:22.
    Armchair Tarmac Champion

Thanks

Great to see those clips again, I think they might actually be from cirtcuit 88, I remember Bertie reversing back to a junction

9. Thanks from:

Karl Jones (02-04-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by COZZFATHER View Post
    For sure Jon............

I guess he's a bit of a fan of them then!

I hope you can keep the pictures coming think and fast of the restoration of this and hopefully the others too, would be great to see!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean R View Post
    Great to see those clips again, I think they might actually be from cirtcuit 88, I remember Bertie reversing back to a junction
    you are quite correct Sean for sure ! its deffo not the Ulster like the youtube video suggests.

heres the actual COI 1988 with Bertie in D773SVW, would like to see the other parts of the video now too now !!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkINFVkFz7c"]1988 Circuit Of Ireland Rally Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]
    Armchair Tarmac Champion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Podge Newe View Post
    Bolands yellow WRC was re-shelled by Melvyn Evans in 2000 after Ray Breen killed it in Skibereen 99.
    Podge your brilliant. dont ever go away as we need a good head for the old days

13. Thanks from:

Kevin O Driscoll (03-04-2012)

Thanks

[QUOTE=COZZFATHER;355104]you are quite correct Sean for sure ! its deffo not the Ulster like the youtube video suggests.

heres the actual COI 1988 with Bertie in D773SVW, would like to see the other parts of the video now too now !!

Great to see those clips again, would leave to see ulster as well if you have it, I have them somewere on VHS I think.

If my memory serves correct the 4wd coswoth was used by Bertie in west cork were he rolled, finished 2nd in the circuit, retired in Donegal from 2nd, finished 2nd in Lurgan, won the Ulster, retired on start line of Manx, retired from the lead in cork, won Kilarney and finished 2nd in Galway before moving onto the legacy.

Thanks

Sean i have in my possesion a black and white pic of Bertie yumping about 5 ft in the air immeadiately prior to rolling out of the West Cork rally in 1991.
    i will be popping in to see the car on friday and will take some more pics if theres any progress !!!!!!!

i also found out last night E28 did infact use a Dave Mountain engine, i'm in contact occasionally with Piero Di Capite who was workshop manager at Mountune back in the good old days and he still can build group a cosworth yb's.
    Armchair Tarmac Champion