Rally Forums banner

Rally pics from the past

625K views 2K replies 217 participants last post by  ac1964 
#1 ·
Over on British rally forum I started a thread titled Rally Pics from the Past

It is upto 297 pages now as its been going for a while.

I would like to start a thread here of the same with pics people have sat in boxes or albums that have never been scanned
Make sure you copyright pics that are and credit those that are not yours

I have put it on here so we can have pics from northern and southern Ireland

Anyway, get looking through your old pics say upto 2000

Here's some of Bertie Fisher I have a mate give me

See less See more
#1,462 ·
Good to see this thread picking up again. Found some old slides that Fergus McAnallen kindly scanned for me so here's a few from the 1991 (I think) Sligo Stages. Stage was near Ladies Brae but turned back towards Coolaney at the abandoned school. First 4 pics need identifying, have the others I think!

Paul Parkes

Noel McCarrick

John McGaffin

#1,463 · (Edited)
At a quick glance Art, I'd say.....

1. Mark & Rory Doyle from up North in the Corsa/Nova.

2. Possibly Mike Dunnion from Dublin in the Sapphire Cosworth, I'm not 100% on that one, I've a feeling it's not though.

3. Michael Cadden from Oldcastle in the red MK2 passing Brian McCarthy from Portaferry who's stuck in the hedge!!

4. The late Mickey Farrell from Ardee in the ex-Ritchie Heeley/Andrew Nesbitt Gartrac G3.

And just out of curiosity, did you take these? I was directly across the road at the time, have you any pictures of a 'Border Championship' sponsor breaking down there for a while?

In hindsight, I don't think 2 is Mike Dunnion, but I can't think of the Driver who it is, all i can remember now is that William Boylan was navigating...... possibly!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.